When it's time to relax and enjoy a cocktail, I often try to schedule this desire between the hours of 4 and 6pm in order to take advantage of happy hour deals😉. The key to being able to do this though is to know what places offer what and when. Well, I'm hear to take the guess work out of this, and give you my long list of go to places for happy hour in La Jolla.
This is one of my favorite places not only for the great craft cocktails and food, but the overall ambiance and decor. This coastal Italian style restaurant from Whisknladle Hospitality Group offers a rooftop eatery with a peak of ocean views and is located in the heart of the La Jolla village. Checkout their delicious wood-fired oven pizzas (spicy pepper & pork sausage) or the crispy octopus and you will not leave disappointed.
- Location: 7863 Girard Ave #301
- When: Daily from 3 - 6pm
- Deals: Enjoy select small plates, and drink specials including a selection of cocktails, beer, and wine priced from $5-$9.
If the giant tree in their front closed off patio doesn't lure you in, the exceptional food and drinks will certainly do the trick. Combining fresh seafood and meat with seasonal produce their plates are unique and full of delicious flavor. During their daily 'Oyster Hour' (what they refer to their happy hour as) you can enjoy their famous oysters on the half shell for just a $1 each, among other things.
- Location: 7837 Herschel Ave
- When: Daily from 4 - 6pm
- Deals: Enjoy a special menu that includes bar treats (not your average), craft cocktails, wine and beer ranging from $6-$10.
3. Eddy V's
Ocean views? Check. Live music? Check. Happy Hour? You bet! This place offers it all and is one of my favorite spots to enjoy some live jazz while catching a gorgeous sunset over the La Jolla Cove.
- Location: 1270 Prospect St
- When: Monday - Sunday, 4 - 7pm
- Deals: Nightly in the rooftop VLounge enjoy $8 shareable teasers, craft cocktails, wines by the glass and specially priced oysters.
I stumbled across this quaint little spot while taking a stroll through the village. It reminds me of a spot straight out of Paso Robles wine country, selling fine oils, cookbooks, and gadgets in the front, and then offering wine and snacks off the back balcony overlooking the ocean. Super chill and homey vibe while you enjoy some great wines (or beer if you prefer) and the perfectly paired snacks.
- Location: 1158 Prospect St
- When: Monday through Friday 3:30pm –6:30pm
- What: $3 off wine by the glass | $7 off wine by the bottle | $2 off beer
- Wine Wednesday – 1/2 off glasses of wine ALL DAY
- Rosé All Day Thursday – $3 off glasses/$7 off bottles of rosé ALL DAY
This place has been voted the best of (fill in the blank), which is no surprise based on the amazing food, drinks and views. While you dine, the waves from the Pacific Ocean literally crash up against you creating an idyllic, once in a lifetime dining experience. During the dinner hours, you do pay a premium to enjoy this scene, but they do offer a happy hour to take advantage of all it has to offer, at a reasonable price.
- Location: 2000 Spindrift Drive
- When: Sunday through Friday from 4 to 6 p.m.*
- Deals: bartender’s daily drink $9, select glasses of wine $9, and all bar appetizers $14
*Please note that Happy Hour is not available on holidays or during special events including Restaurant Week.